Cleaning a Pillow Top Mattress

How do u clean a pillow top mattress? I am not concerned so much about stains, but just a typical cleaning?

By princess23

Best Answer

I have a Shark steamer and it would be great for this. Sandy

Best Answer

For a simple cleaning I use my vacuum cleaner with the upholstery tool every time I turn the mattress.

Anonymous

A couple options for you, one is to use upholstery cleaner like what you would use on your sofa or chair, just follow the directions.

Secondly you can use baking soda, yep good ol' Arm and Hammer baking soda (store brand works just as well) just sprinkle it on quite heavy and then use your hand or a towel around your hand and rub it in in a circular motion making sure to get the edges well also, after you have done this let it stay for anywhere from 30 min to a few days if you can leave it unmade. Once ready to finish up simply just use your vac with the hose attachment for stairs works the best as it has a little brush on the one side and don't forget to get the creases around the seams. Once finished it will smell fresh and clean!

To also help beat summer heat while trying to sleep, sprinkle a little baking soda on the sheets, will feel crisp and cool, just give it a try!

This also works great on bed pillows as well. Try this on carpets where pets lay or you have lots of bare foot traffic as it helps to absorb the oil from your feet and it will take the pet smells out of the carpet also!

I did this at home and it works like a charm.

Anonymous

I have an Oreck Steam It Model 100. It's great even great for cleaning shower doors, wood floors, linoleum, windows and upholstery.