Link: Free Trees And Plants

I found a website that has free plants:

I haven't read all of the info but from what I have read you pay for shipping and handling. They also have gift certificates. These folks employ handicapped people.

Source: Erin Huffstetler - About.com Frugal Living Guide

By Alice from Big Lake Ranch, B.C., Canada

I linked to this site. The shipping/handling is $7.95 for EACH plant selected. Also, I couldn't see if they label any as harmful if pets ingest them.

Thank you for posting this, maybe we can find some more good plant mail-order places. I've ordered a lot from Michigan Bulb, and they have some good sales (sometimes you can get $20 worth of plants free with a $40 order). And they have a lot of buy-one/get-one free deals. The one you posted appears to be for a good charity; I am kind of not in a financial position to pay that much for shipping. It probably isn't that bad, since you don't pay for the plant.

Good to know about; appreciate your posting it.

Sandi

That's really nice! Thanks!

What an interesting website.

I hope they are up-to-date on what states allow within their borders. Ash trees (which I see this website does not offer) are not allowed across state borders in many places because of the voracious emerald ash borer that is detroying many ash trees. And California is very watchful of plants coming in that may harbor diseases and pests.

Your local DNR or extension agent can answer questions on this.

Wow! that is one great site, an excellent concept, and I will get lots of stuff from them. Thank you so much for putting this up!

I may try it again, however, I ordered 2 American cranberry bushes, and 2 nanking cherry bushes, and only one nanking cherry survived. The 2 American cranberry bushes, only one had a small sign of life in it, and the next time I checked, it was gone.

A flowering plant in a pot.
Finding Free Plants
Home and Garden Gardening LinksOctober 23, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎉
🎄