Looking for Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumpling Recipe

I'm trying to find a recipe for a slow cooked chicken and dumplings where the gravy is nice and thick. Anyone have one to share? Thanks!

By Sheila from Flint, MI

Answers

My favorite for several years.

I use dark meat but you can use breast if you would like (I used about 3 or 4 good size boneless breasts but any chicken will work)

salt

pepper

thyme

marjoram

paprika

garlic clove, chopped

1 onion, sliced

4 carrots, chunks (I just used mini peeled carrots and didn't cut them)

1 cup chicken broth

1 Tbsp. corn starch

8 ounces sour cream (can be low fat)

1/2 cup dry white wine (use chicken broth if you don't use wine)

1 can of biscuits (1/4 the biscuits & roll into balls)

Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram, and paprika on chicken. Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Chop clove of garlic (or use granulated garlic) and add to pot. Peel and slice onion and layer it over chicken. Then add the carrots. Mix the chicken broth with the corn starch and mix with the sour cream. Pour in pot with the 1/2 cup of white wine. Cook on high for about 3 hours or low for 6.

1/2 hour before it is time to serve, cut biscuits into quarters, roll into balls and place on top (i place them around the edge and go around & around) - cover till biscuits are done (20-30mins). Note i use a large crock pot and usually use 2 cans of biscuits. I also like to sprinkle a little parsley on top of the dumplings. If you like a firmer dumpling you can place your crock (remove the lid and crock from unit) under the broiler for a couple minutes. My family loves this recipe.

Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotDecember 31, 2010
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Vegetarian Soup
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄