Shaving Cream To Remove Paint From Carpet

My husband and I painted our bedroom forest green. What we didn't realize was that the paint we dripped on the drop cloth was seeping through. We had a ton of dark green paint spots on our near white carpet. What took them all up was Barbasol shaving cream. Spray it on, mush it around and wipe it up with a clean white rag. Some spots only needed it once, others had to be done multiple times. Let soak and scrub.

By Hilary S from Livonia, MI

What an ingenious, and wonderful idea! What in the world make you think of using shaving cream, tho? Thanks for sharing, and God bless you!

If that shaving cream can eat up that paint like that, I wonder what it does to your skin.

I live in an apartment and whatever you damage, they take off of your security deposit so I had to try whatever would work to get this paint up that I spilled. I just so happened to have some barbasol shaving cream in my shower and by george it works. :) Ha Ha, the only downside is now I know how dirty my carpet is and I have to get it cleaned.

Just buy a whole lot of Barbasol and use it with a carpet cleaner!

A paintbrush and spilled paint on a carpet.
Removing Paint from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 15, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Lifting paper away from the shaving cream.
Craft Uses for Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄