Recommendations for a Tough Mildew Resistant Interior Wall Paint

Can anyone advise me of the best (toughest) interior paint for sheetrock walls? The men and boys in my house are very rough on the walls, and the walls have never really been painted, except with cheap white contractor's paint. I need something that will stand up to all the testosterone! Also, I live on the water, so if it has a mildew-resistant component, that would be bonus.

By Laure from North East, MD

I have used a Sherman Williams top quality interior paint. Has mildew resistance and can be scrubbed with soap and water should it get dirty. It is a latex paint.

Thank you foxrun41. I think I'm going to purchase their paint. I was on-line looking at it last night, looks like it fits the bill!

Another great one that will cost but protect the best is Rustoleum. It's thicker and more expensive, but you can't beat it!

We used Behr Premium 2-in-1 primer+paint on our kitchen, and it was really nice to work with. Coverage was easy and it's very washable. We're getting ready to buy more for the livingroom.

Consumer Advice Product FinderSeptember 4, 2010
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior