What is This Plant? (Amaranth)

Does anyone know what this plant is? I planted a package of seeds of mixed peppers. This grew. It is a beautiful plant but has not produced any peppers?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

Christine from Sanremo, Italy

It is a form of Amaranth. I bought seeds of this, the common name was "Love-Lies-Bleeding." Be warned - it re-seeds readily. Though I haven't tried them, I understand the seeds are edible - they were a source of proteins for the native americans.

It looks like a variety of amaranth, which is a grain. The plumes will probably produce small seeds which will be slightly smaller than rice grains.

If anyone wants to give away seeds I would love to try them you can contact me @ Mookie9853 AT aol.com

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantSeptember 15, 2006
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth