St. Patrick's Day Pins
A quick and fun pin for girls, boys, women or men to ward off those who would pinch.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 4x4 inch green fabric
- 3x8 inch lightweight cardboard
- scrap of ribbon
- gold rings for shamrock
- 4x4 inch thin batting for shamrock (optional)
- On your cardboard, I used a cereal box weight cardboard, draw two of whichever pin you are making, Leprechaun or shamrock. Cut one out on the lines and one just inside the lines for your backing.
- Place your larger cardboard cutout on your green fabric and draw a line around 1/4 inch larger all around, cut out your fabric.
- Lay the cardboard on the wrong side of your fabric, using tacky glue start at one end and glue the fabric over the edges, hold until it stays. Go to the opposite end and repeat, keep working at spots across from each other until all is smooth on the front. For the inner corners you will need to clip the fabric into the cardboard.
- Take your ribbon and wrap around the knobs, as you wish, tie the rings into your bow and glue a pin back on the back.
- For my Leprechaun hat I laid my pattern on the decorative edging of an old pillowcase for the hatband, but you could just as easily wrap ribbon before you glue on the back.
A fun project for children to do and take to school to give to their friends.
By Ann from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 25, 2017 at 1:15:46 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us