Ideas for an Army Birthday Party

I am having an Army birthday party for my three boys. They will be 9, 6, and 3. I need some ideas. Please help.

By cup cake berry from KY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Another member from Thrifty Fun organized an Army Birthday Party.

Here's the post:

http://www.thri  0379903.tip.html

Hi there, we did a camo/Marine party for my son's 3rd bday. It was a huge success. We found camo invites & then just used green/brown plates, napkins, etc (they were only $1/pkg at Walmart). We did buy a few camo decorations from Oriental Trading & made posters with stencils, markers & paint that had popular Marine sayings (Semper Fi, etc). I also found camo fabric at the craft store for super cheap & used that instead of expensive goodie bags, filled it w/ cheap candy like bubble gum, bubbles that we made stickers on the computer for with "Thanks for celebrating Wyatt's 3rd Birthday with us", the little green army guys ($1 at Dollar Tree for like 100 of them), etc. I then tied it with a ribbon, they were a huge success! I also saved $ by making my own cupcakes & doing a camo icing w/ food coloring ($2.50 for the basic color pack at Target) & used the army guys on top.

I also recommend splurging on the individual icecream cups, well worth it!! I just changed classic party games: instead of Simon Says, we said General X says, made a poster of an army guy like pin the tail on the donkey, I made a really cute book game also for the game (for the older kids, while the younger kids played fishing the army guys out of a tub with rice outside). The book game is pretty cool, I use it for all my parties. It's like the one used at wedding showers (I don't know if you have played that, but I have it so I can email it to you). It's really fun, and the person who ends up with the book at the end of the rhymes wins, you basically read the directions to the rhyme on each page & then pass the book to the next person (for example it will have a rhyme & say now pass the book to the person with the bluest of eyes, or biggest shoe, or used a green toothbrush today, etc). Everyone loves it & it's a good icebreaker for the kids, gets them talking.

This probably sounds confusing on the post, but I'd be happy to email it to you if you are interested. I just printed a cover page w/a pic of my son & then the rhymes I changed to fit the party theme. We just did a Chicago Cubs party, so all the rhymes were things like "The Cubbies are Red, the Cubbies are Blue, Now pass this book to the person sitting to the right of you" and "Let's hope the Cubs keep hitting the ball up up & away, now pass this book to the person with the most recent birthday" etc. I used one of those clear covers w/ the plastic sleeve to make it into a book.

For food, I always label the food to coordinate the theme. We had Devil Dogs (the little smokies in bbq sauce), Private's Punch, Tank Tortillas, etc. It seems to be the little things like that people always compliment on. Good luck & have fun!

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 28, 2009
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:12:36 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.