Organize Notes Into Sections of a Spiral Notebook

I'm not sure about you, but regardless of the fact that I'm very organized, I still used to find little pieces of paper everywhere with little notes, lists, etc. Here is what I did. I took a regular spiral notebook (a big one) and got some of those sticky labels that you can just stick on a page. I took sections of the notebook and made labels for things I regularly seemed to jot down or lose track of. Here are some examples: TO BUY, TO DO, WEBSITES, TO RESEARCH, PROJECTS, you get the idea.

What I have found is that with this method, if I'm having a big party or around a holiday, I'm able to take a few sheets, add a "BIRTHDAY PARTY" label, and then jot down things I need to do for that event/holiday. It's been great when I'm reading magazines and I come across a website that I want to check out but don't have the time at that moment. When I do have some spare time, I look through "WEBSITES" and browse away! It's worked wonders for me and keeps everything in one place. Hope you find is useful!

By Julie from Amebsury, MA

I use this idea in managing my house improvement tasks. When I moved into my home 6 years ago, in a spiral notebook I made tabs for each room in my home. Within that section I drew a diagram of the room which included the dimensions of the windows, walls, etc. This made it easy to shop for window treatments and when purchasing furniture, you know exactly how long the wall is before you drag that "flea market find" home. I also scribble in my "to do list" for each room.

I keep the notebook in a 3-ring binder which also holds home magazine pages and color samples of my room colors and anything else worth referring to.

I use an idea similar for our daily "stuff" except I use a 3 ring binder so I can add pages. I've seperated it with dividers and labeled them for what we need. I have a section for phone notes/messages, farming (when the hay was plantged or cut), animals (when the cows were bred, born, vaccinated, etc.), appointments, auto log (tune-up info, tire rotation, etc.), and a few others. NOW when my frantic husband wants to know when the calves are due or how many hours ago we lubed the tractor I have it all right there. Sure saves lots of stress for us!! I call it my "Life Book" because anybody can see at a glance what is important to our lives (School is out June 12 and Glenn will be home June 13!) and we can stop searching for those scraps of paper.

I am involved in several volunteer organizations, so I bought myself a plastic folder organizer. It has almost clear pages and each page has a pocket for full size papers and a small one for little things. The whole thing has 5 pages. I use each one for a different project and label it. I love it. I can go to whatever I need and have it handy. Plus is it light wieght and can go anywhere with me. It cost me less than $3 at a regular store like walgreens or walmart.

The only thing I would add is that I try to back up my file before my pc might crash or lose data. Great idea until that happens with no back up. I've learned MY lesson ;-)

Organizing With Notebooks
Organizing With Notebooks
Organizing TipsJune 2, 2008
three spiral paper flowers in a cluster
Making Spiral Paper Flowers
Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Dry Erase Board
Writing on a smartphone.
Writing Notes Without Paper
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes