What is This Item?

I have found an unusual item but can not fathom what it is. The "serpent" is four inches long. The mouth opens up about 1/2 inch and has what looks like a hole punch but it isn't! There is an indentation on the lower jaw that the hole punch type thingy fits into nicely but it isn't a stationary press as there is no engraving or monogram as one would expect. It is too small to crack any nut so it isn't a nutcracker. It is made of iron and heavy. I am lost on this one! Thanks.

Pattie from Bridgton

I don't know either but it's pretty ugly.

I am totally in agreement that it is ugly/scary, but I think what you have there is either a cherry or an olive pitter. It looks more decorative than useful though.

Could it be a bottle opener? Yes, I agree with the rest. . pretty creepy looking.

I am voting for the cherry and olive pitter.

It's a bottle/can opener. The mouth is for opening bottles and the bottom is a punch to open cans, like the big tomato juice cans.

It is a bottle and can opener, most likely from a state gift shop in say Mississippi, Florida or some place known for serpents.

Gross but still practical.

Maybe it's used to put holes in leather belts. I looks the functional part looks similar to what my husband uses.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 18, 2009
Warming Tortillas
Warming Tortillas
Woman Storing Bedding in Linen Closet
Storing Bedding
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄
🍂