What Can I Do With Used Cooking Oil?

What can I do with used cooking oil?

By John from Maryborough QLD Australia

The birds here in the states eat suet to stay fat in winter, it's a mixture of lard and bird seed and sometimes dried fruit. I don't know if you have the same kinds of birds in Australia and I know it is warm there right now, but you might want to try making suet for the birds. This would work best if the used cooking oil is more solid than runny at room temperature.

Best of luck finding out what else you can do with your used cooking oil!

My grandfather used to make homemade soap from it which he then grated and used for homemade laundry detergent. Just search the internet for a recipe for homemade lye bar soap.

You can clean it by placing the oil in a pot with about the same amount of water. Heat to boiling, then let it cool and separate. You should be able to pour off the cleaned oil into a jar. This can also be done with other cooking fats like bacon grease. Keep it in the refridgerator.

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherNovember 22, 2010
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Cooking With Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway