Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Nail Polish Remover Stain On Dresser

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I removed the finger nail polish off my finger nails and placed the cotton balls in an empty Kleenex box to toss in the waste basket. I sat it on my dresser, forgot about it until that evening, and now the Kleenex box is stuck to my dresser. After removing it there is now a rough spot and it also removed some of the stain. How can I repair it? It is about the size of a 2-3 quarters put together.

Pam from Indianapolis, IN

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By scrubalert (Guest Post) 10/17/2008 Flag

You can probably try using a paint pen that available at craft stores like Micheal's. A paint pen is available in a lot of colors but you might want to chose a color a shade darker than the color of your furniture. Using this pen might help you cover the stain.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa from Lena, WI. (Guest Post) 10/20/2008 Flag

Sand it, stain it, varnish it.

You can bring a drawer or door to the paint or hardware store and they can match your stain. They will also be able to tell you what kind of varnish to use to match the best.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lenora 1 2 03/31/2010 Flag

Try Old English scratch polish. Does agreat job on old furniture. Looks like new.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Here are questions related to Nail Polish Remover Stain On Dresser.

Question: Nail Polish Remover Damaged Dresser Finish

How do i get nail polish remover stain out of my cherry hardwood dresser? I just finished painting my nails and I was waiting to dry them. I started to dry them on my dresser, when it smudged a little bit went on my dresser. The following week I decided to rub it out with nail polish remover. Some came out, but it left a stain on my dresser. It's a little lighter than it's color how can I get it to it's normal color. Please help.

By Samantha

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Luana M. 82 149 06/24/2012 Flag

This happens, I'm so sorry. The only thing that has worked for me (if its small spot) is acetone yes remover. Use a q-tip so only touching the spot. Be prepared to have stain, furniture touch up, or refinishing kit if you wish to do whole area. Be patient, do it slow, steady hands.

Refinishing furniture is hard, takes so much time...you can do a very close job by matching stain. After you remove the polish, clean area (free from wax, dust and remover) match your stain. After you match stain of Cherry you could go over the top in a clear coat. This makes it invisible most of the time, whole area will be shiny,new looking. I hope I helped some (?).
Blessings!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes