Nail Polish Remover Stain On Dresser

I removed the finger nail polish off my finger nails and placed the cotton balls in an empty Kleenex box to toss in the waste basket. I sat it on my dresser, forgot about it until that evening, and now the Kleenex box is stuck to my dresser. After removing it there is now a rough spot and it also removed some of the stain. How can I repair it? It is about the size of a 2-3 quarters put together.

Pam from Indianapolis, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can probably try using a paint pen that available at craft stores like Micheal's. A paint pen is available in a lot of colors but you might want to chose a color a shade darker than the color of your furniture. Using this pen might help you cover the stain.

Sand it, stain it, varnish it.

You can bring a drawer or door to the paint or hardware store and they can match your stain. They will also be able to tell you what kind of varnish to use to match the best.

Try Old English scratch polish. Does agreat job on old furniture. Looks like new.

Answer

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureOctober 16, 2008
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 4, 2016 at 2:03:44 AM on 10.0.0.225 in 350 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.