Vegan Vegetable Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
Even though this is vegan, it is very good and extremely healthy!
- 10 oz. firm silken tofu (I had 1 lb. of regular tofu but used extra soy milk)
- 2 Tbsp. non-dairy milk (I used non-fat soy and about 1/2 cup because I was using firm tofu)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped in small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 (10 oz.) package of frozen spinach (420 gr.) or 3 cups fresh
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice (white is ok, but brown works better)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a pie plate, spread cooked rice to form a thin layer at the bottom.
In a blender, blend all tofu filling ingredients. In a pan, heat a little water (3 Tbsp.) and cook vegetables until tender. If you are using frozen spinach, steam at the last minute just to heat! In a large bowl, mix filling and veggies together. Pour filling onto crust and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with salad or potatoes.
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
45 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Adapted from a recipe on the internet and taken from my blog http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com
By Lisa from Halifax, NS
January 11, 20150 found this helpful
Do not like tofu. What can be used instead?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 18, 2016 at 2:10:52 PM on 10.0.2.221 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us