Grease Build-up on Copper

How do I remove built-up grease from an old copper ladle? I recently "inherited" an old copper ladle that has years of grease build up from hanging next to the stove. The copper finish appears to be ruined for the most part, so I am not trying to save that. I like the aged, weathered look, but I want to remove the old, sticky grease. What do I do?

Dayna from Plainview, Texas

Greased Lightening is a great product all the chefs my Mom works with (and is) swear by. I use it for icky grease.

Also, when the fan vent gets icky above my stove, I fill up a sink (enough to cover) with HOT water and some dish soap and dump a bunch of baking soda on top. Then add vinegar to the whole lot, it will bubble, I add vinegar a few times, then I let it soak still luke warm. Maybe scrub if I feel like it, then rinse with HOT water again, all better!

Try oven cleaner.

My favorite product for removing grease build up and baked on grease is Dawn Power Disolver. You find it with the dish detergents.

You spray it on and wait as directed on label. It takes little scrubbing. A great product.

Goo Gone works great on things like this. It is an orange liquid that can be bought at any Wal-mart, Target, Home Depot etc... I too had some old copper pieces given to me and wanted to display them in my kitchen. I used the Goo Gone and it all came off. You will have to squirt in on the cooper and let it sit for a few minute then wipe off. Continue the procedure until it all comes off. It really will not take that long at all. Goo Gone works great on many sticky things so it is really good to have around anyway. Good luck

Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 21, 2007
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎄