Pineapple Dessert With Soda Cracker Crust Recipe

I am looking for a Pineapple dessert with a soda cracker crust. It was in a Ramsey County MN 4 H cookbook about 30-35 years ago. I lost the book and miss the dessert. Thanks for any help.

Graycrab from Monticello, MN

Is this it? I found it on

Cracker Crumb Cake

6 egg whites

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups white sugar

36 saltine crackers, finely crushed

2 cups chopped pecans

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple

1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar while continuing to whip to stiff peaks. Fold in cracker crumbs and pecans until evenly blended. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when pressed in the center. Cool completely before frosting.

To make frosting: Mix together the crushed pineapple and whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake, and refrigerate until serving.

It is not the same one but this one sounds very good and might taste close to same.

The one I am looking for had the crushed crackers as the bottom layer and whipped egg whites on top of that and no nuts.

I am going to try this one too. Thank you and surprised you found it online I searched but had no luck at all for any with soda cracker crust.

I found these sites and thought they might be somewhat helpful to you:

Hope those help!

How about this one? Seems close.

3 egg whites

1 c. sugar

1/2 c. (10-12) soda crackers, finely crushed

1/2 c. crushed pineapple, drained

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/8 tsp. salt

3/4 c. coconut

Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Combine soda crackers, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Fold in coconut and pineapple.

Put in pan with no crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.,1737,146165-227194,00.html

Dessert Pineapple Panna Cotta
Dessert Recipes Using Pineapple
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJuly 9, 2007
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Hawaiian Cake
Hawaiian Cake Recipes
Pineapple Pie
Pineapple Pie Recipes