Browsing: Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

How do I get green pen marks off of my light tan, suede couch?

By Jennifer from Savannah, GA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

My grandson used an ink pen on my micro suede couch and Walmart glass cleaner did the trick it cleaned well enough that I'm satisfied not to punish his mom for not paying attention to him. Thanks

Window cleaner and elbow grease, lots of elbow grease.

My 3 year old grandson drew all over my new $3,000 brown suede couch with a black ink pen. I used a wet rag and Windex and it does work. I then used a dry cloth to dry. I'm so glad I found this on here. Thank you all so much!

Thank you so much. My chair looks amazing after using windex. Who would have thought windex would work!

Windex, awesome, thanks!

Alcohol swabs worked fine...

I found that Oxi Clean laundry stain remover (yellow top spray bottle) works better than the glass cleaner. Maybe it was the off brand not working as well as regular Windex?!

October 23, 2010 Flag

I got pen ink on my suede couch, I am afraid to use hairspray on suede.

sara210

Answers:

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I sprayed Windex on a Q-tip and used it on a light tan suede couch. I was so scared to do this, but honestly it worked! I did go over the area with a damp washrag just in case the Windex left a mark. Here it is 30 minutes later and it is all dried and the blue pen ink is gone! I can't even find where it was. I wanted to comment to keep this info live and active on the web for someone else to use. It is such a blessing to have that 2" blue mark off the couch. I am stoked. Thank you to the previous posters. (07/25/2010)

By mkingsle

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I just have to say thank you for this information. My 4 1/2 year old wrote in black ink on my boyfriend's suede dining room chair. Not sure how I was going to get that up and found this article. I used glass cleaner and after that plus elbow grease I got 99.9% of it up. There is still some ink on the chair, which you can barely see, but for the most part it worked wonders. The reason I think it didn't take it up 100% was because she pressed really hard and it was really dark on the chair, but you have to look for it in order to see where it was. (09/30/2010)

By astephany

Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 23, 2010
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 2:43:04 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 558 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.