Canning Pimentos From Green Pepper

I need a recipe for canning Pimentos from Green pepper.

Rose from Crossville, TN

Er, I'm not sure I understand the question. Am I missing something here?

Pimentos are a variety of red bell peppers. You'd have to allow a green bell pepper to stay on the plant long enough to turn red to be used as a substitute for a pimento.

To can: Select ripe peppers; place in boiling water for 12-15 minutes or hot oven for 6-8 minutes. Place in cold water, core, peel, flatten in layers in canning jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Process pints at 10 lbs pressure for 10 minutes. Do not add oil to peppers, but you may add a bit of boiling water to jar before sealing.

Food and Recipes CanningSeptember 25, 2007
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries