Kitchen Colors to Compliment Honey Gold Living Room

I have just painted my living room a honey gold color, but my kitchen has white cabinets and sage green counter tops. What color should I paint my dining room that would go with those two rooms?

By Alan from LA

I used Behr color "Quiet Moment" with "Brown Bread" the coordinate beautifully!

You might also consider a darker, more saturated shade of green. (A forest green, emerald green or a bright grass green, etc.) Something that would compliment the honey gold living room and not clash with the sage green in the kitchen. Green is a very calming color, good for the digestion :-) i.e., the dining room, even in the darker shades. Good luck!

Look for the color card of the gold paint you used and select a lighter shade from that card for your kitchen.

Terra cotta

I think a deeper sage green would be really pretty...or a combination of the gold with a touch of the green mixed into it might work."Olive Drab" from Pratt and Lambert is a rich deeper sage green. We are interior designers and our dining room has been that color for along time. We never tire of it. As Kansas Cindy said it is a calming color and is good for relaxation and digestion.And it goes with any color punch that you might add to the room seasonally.We use deep rich fall tones for the autumn....creams and deep reds for the Christmas season, greens and browns with ivory for spring,and rich dark yellows, golds, and deeper greens for the summer. With the addition of changing the lamp shades from black in winter to ivory linen in the spring and summer. the rooms is easy to decorate and change to fit your mood, or the current trends.

I was just in Panerra for lunch yesterday and was noticing how they use lots of different colors, including honey gold, and how they all seem to transition from one to another. If you have a Panerra near you, check it out and you may be inspired by one of their colors.

March 16, 2011 Flag

I live in a condo where the living room and kitchen are in very close proximity. My living room is painted a rich honey gold, but I don't know what color to paint my kitchen walls and/or cabinets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gloria from Providence, RI

A lighter shade of honey gold would be nice. You might also consider peach, apricot, buttercream, or golden beige. (09/06/2007)

By perfume and powder

I don't know how you feel about reds and greens for wall color, but both of those compliment golds very nicely. I have two tones of yellow in my family room, and my kitchen is dark green (with dark cherry cabinetry), my living room is soon to be either dark red or terra cotta. All of the rooms are visible from each other, but still flow very nicely.

If you're wanting to leave the kitchen walls alone and paint the cabinets instead, the suggestion of a lighter gold is a good one, or even white, or a creamy off white.

If you're unsure of what to do, or even a little afraid of color, go to your local paint/home improvement store and bring home several samples. Hang those up and look at them in varying shades of light (if the samples are the really small ones, grab three or four to give yourself a larger area of color). Maybe even buy yourself an inexpensive color wheel to help in your decision making. (09/06/2007)

By Anonymous

Sherwin Williams has the colors I used in my new house:

Hope this helps. I really like these colors.

By Rasta

I would go with autumn colors such as oranges and darker golds and reds, if you don't mind those colors. If you hate those muddy colors, then a new-leaf-lime-green would work, with orange and red accents such as chili pepper handles on the cabinets. I would not make the room too dark, sticking with cream for walls and maybe cabinet fronts, and make the colorful things be where you can change colors easily. (09/07/2007)

By kimhis

I am really glad you asked this question because I have a similar one. I am thinking of painting my kitchen one step lighter than the gold shown on the paint chip for the living and dining rooms. I have a small home and continuity of color will make it seem larger, I think.

Best wishes. (09/14/2007)

By Carol in PA

Some great complimentary colors for gold are a darker shade of green and also cranberry is gorgeous. (01/12/2009)

By Tiffany

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenMarch 16, 2011
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes