Displaying Children's Artwork

Children always bring home so much beautiful art work that sometime it is hard to find ways to display it. I put it on top of my kitchen table and cover it with a clear tablecloth. This way you can see it and it is protected. You can also make placemats, frame it, give it to relatives, or even put it on the refrigerator. If your child is past the artwork stage, you can also do this with any special school work.

My 3 year old takes art classes, so we have lots of art that i don't want to toss!!!

So, when writing a letter---I use the plain side as stationary, so the person recieving the letter gets a treasured art and a letter all in one!!!

Plus my boys have a cork board in their room, so we do display it on there too!!!

I saw this tip on a home show for organizing. They took an acrylic frame, put construction paper in it for a background and placed the art work of the week in the center and hung on the wall. it was too cute and what a great way to show the little ones how proud we are!

If you want to keep your kiddos artwork and it is generally 8 1/2x11" (regular paper size) you can buy one of those plastic accordian type files at Wal-Mart or sometimes the Dollar Stores for next to nothing. You can file away the artwork by month and have one file per year and just fill them up until they are full.

I also encourage friends to put the date either in the corner or on the back just to help you remember. I'm terrible at keeping up with time so I always do this when my friends' kiddos do artwork for me.

Tonya

A girl painting a picture on the floor.
Displaying Children's Artwork
Parenting General Parenting Memory KeepingSeptember 27, 2006
A child's drawing of a house, the sun and three stick figures.
Creating Quilts With Kids Artwork
Oil painting of house and fields.
Cleaning Oil Paintings
Stack of pictures frames.
Storing Framed Artwork
Little boy holding a drawing.
Organizing Your Children's Artwork
🎉
🎄