Replacement Battery for Fossil Wrist Watch

I am looking for a replacement batterer for a Fossil wrist watch FS 2689 (250001). If the back is opened, do I need to replace the waterproof gasket?

By Andrew

I took mine to a watchman/jeweler. They only charge a few dollars for installation + battery.

You can find directions on the internet for changing Fossil watch batteries, but I think you'd be better off having it done. I know, jewelers charge a lot. Maybe you can find an experienced repair person who charges less. Maybe a Batteries Plus store would know someone.

You do have to put that little rubber gasket back in, and if it's broken, you need to get a new one. Otherwise, your watch will no longer be water-resistant (no such thing as waterproof).

Some watches have notches on the back which are just for decoration, and those watch backs can be popped off with a thin knife blade, but I think Fossil backs have to be unscrewed.

We take our Fossil watches to the Dakota Watch kiosk at the mall. They have to use a special tool to get the back off.

Both of my daughters have Fossil watches and when contacting the company they were told that the warranty on the watch (usually lifetime) would be voided if the battery was not replaced by an authorized Fossil dealer. Yes, it's a tad pricey, but to keep the lifetime warranty I believe it's worth it!

Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
Home and Garden Repair Other WatchesFebruary 11, 2011
Crocheted Wrist Cuffs
Making Crocheted Wrist Cuffs
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch