Dish Detergent for Dog Prints on Wooden Deck

We have a large, painted wooden deck and two very large dogs. To say the deck is frequently dirtied by their paws is an understatement. My husband had tried several things to clean the deck without damaging the wood or making it slippery.

One day I suggested he use liquid dishwasher detergent. First he wet the deck, then squirted a little of the detergent onto the deck. Using a sponge mop he cleaned the wood and then rinsed it off. The deck was clean without being slippery, as regular detergents had done. I just buy the cheapest dishwasher detergent available.

By Pam from Davie, FL

Man Pressure washing his Wood Deck
Cleaning a Wood Deck
Home and Garden Home Improvement Outdoor StructuresFebruary 19, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck