After Effects of Tooth Extraction

I have a date four days after getting my tooth pulled. Will it be okay to kiss? Will my breath be okay? If not how long will it be okay for my breath to be okay?

By LeeLeona from Largo, MD

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

A couple of years ago I had two teeth pulled, and it was a lot better after two days. I wouldn't do any DEEP kissing, because you will still have a healing hole in your mouth, but as long as you keep everything clean, the odor should be fine. In fact, if the tooth you are getting pulled was causing odor, then it will be better than it was.

And I remember being scared about kissing for the first time after they were gone (didn't get implants...still working on that), and I was scared that it would gross someone out and was paranoid. However, since then I have done lots of kissing :) , and have even met the love of my life, and it didn't affect any of them!

After an extraction, a blood clot will form in the socket. You must be careful not to do anything which will dislodge that clot, or dry socket will occur. Dry socket is extremely painful and will prolong healing of the gum. Your dentist will tell you to watch sucking on things, like a straw when drinking, that could dislodge the clot, etc. I wouldn't kiss too intimately or vigorously until the socket is healed. Anyone who has ever experienced dry socket can attest to its painfulness.

Get some Aloe Vera, mix a teaspoon with ONE DROP of bleach, and place into socket area with a clean finger. This will promote healing, prevent dry socket, and kill any odor that may occur.

Lynelle Shryock, B.S.

Registered Dental Hygienist

Loma Linda University, '84

I guarantee, you won't feel like kissing for at least two or three days after an extraction. Try not to overdo it on the pain meds they'll give you, though.

Sorry I can't offer better advice on that, I'm prob old enough to be your mom and don't have romance in my life after several years with a hubby who's significantly older than I am and in poor health, besides.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 6, 2009
Man with a sore mouth.
Caring for Your Gums After a Tooth Extraction
Girl Holding her Lost Tooth
Tooth Fairy Ideas
young girl dressed as tooth fairy
Making a Tooth Fairy Costume
Woman Having Tooth Pulled
Eating After Having Teeth Pulled
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:37:50 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.