Baby Horned Toad

My husband was outside watering when he saw the dirt move. As he looked closer he saw that it wasn't dirt at all. It was this cute baby horned toad. He brought it inside to show to the family. Amazing how tiny it is! We let it go right after the photo shoot :-)

By Patty

There is no picture of the baby horned toad.

Editor's Note: Sorry about that, the photo should be showing now.

I wondered where you live. I am in San Antonio and we haven't seen horny toads in years. We caught them as children but always always let them go because our mothers told us they would spit blood in our eyes. We liked to turn them over on their back and rub their tummies. They would go right to sleep!

I also live in Texas and have not seen a horny toad in at least 25 years. I am so happy to know that they are still around. He is so cute. Thanks for letting him go.

I used to play with horny toads in Arizona too. One spit 'blood' on me when I was 6 yrs old & sent me into screaming hysterics! LOL! They say they are disappearing, which is so sad. I'm also also glad you let it go, thanks for the cute pictures.

The little critters remind me of a prehistoric dinosaur :-) We actually have seen several on our property. So, I guess they are still alive and well - and obviously producing offspring :-)

Adorable, thanks for sharing.

horned toad on palm of hand
Toad Photos
Photos WildlifeSeptember 21, 2010
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Toad in a garden.
Attracting Toads to Your Garden
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower