Duct Tape Purse and Clutch

My daughter and I have gone a little crazy over duct tape :) This is a purse and clutch we made out of some, and the best part is that if one rips I can patch it up and make it look even more original!

By princessgrace from Austin, TX

Great work....lotsa fun there at your house/garage/workshop --wish I was tha ttalented !!

Way to go .

Very cute! Who would have thought that duct tape could be so chic?

WoW!! I was expecting something lame to be honest. These are fabulous. Where did you find the different colored duct tape? Good job!!

There is a duct tape convention every year somewhere in US, for got where.

Please post directions for these, they are so cute. I would love to try to make them, or email them to me at jb49001@aol.com Thanks, they are great

I SAW LOTS OF COLORS AT THE EVERYTING FOR A DOLLAR STORE, NOW I AM GOING STRAIGHT THERE!

Those are AWESOME!!! How do you make them, I'd like to make one - would you mind posting some instructions for them - thanks so much! They look absolutely gorgeous!!

Those are neat. Could you post directions on how to make them? I would like to try and do one.Thankyou

Please email me directions! jodeneg @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

Very clever. It sure wasn't what I was expecting.

You and your daughter are very creative, good job.

Zig

Hi everyone, I didn't realize I had so many responses! My daughter and I are hoping to get some step by step instructions up soon for making the purses. My husband is a photographer, so he can take some photos for us. The gist if it is that you make a rectangle of stripes (big enough to go from front to flap) and then cover the sticky side with more tape. You leave a little extra bit of sticky on each side to fold over the edges. Then put some tape in the sides. Here's a pic of the sides of both.

Re. buying the duct tape, we got ours at the local Walmart, but most of them don't have all of the colors. You can also buy 15 yard rolls from Michaels, or if you wanna go crazy, there are some links on our site for buying more than one at a time. www.ductapegirls.com If you're gonna go crazy, you gotta have a site, right?:) There are also links to other amazing duct tape aficionados there, along with some step by step instructions for purses, wallets, etc..

WOW SO NEET LOVE IT I USED DUCT TAPE ALWAYS ON THINGS,, GOT TO HAVE IT

SHEILA.

FYI: Alaska is one of the biggest users of duct tape: there is an annual ball in the summer in Anchorage...Gowns are judged and must be completely made of duct tape!

Hey! Real cute. I'd like to make one, so could you put up directions? Thanks!

I would love it if u could send me directions

Hey I would love it if you could give me some instructions on how to make that, we have a project in class for duct tape and I would love to make something like this. Thank you

Hey can you tell me how you guys made this?

I would love to have the directions to the duct tape purse and clutch. I was going to have a 4-H project meeting and girls were going to make these. Thanks so much!

All you do is pull pieces of duct tape lay them over lapping a little so it's all sticky. Then cover it in duct tape again, so its not sticky anymore. It's like a sheet; trim your edges. Then fold one end up to your desired length and tape both sides then fold the top piece down as a flap and attach velcro.

Making a Duct Tape Purse
Making a Duct Tape Purse
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 3, 2006
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Clutch Purse
Making a Clutch Purse
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🎉
🎄