Fingers Sore After Having Acrylic Nails Applied

I had a full set of acrylic fitted yesterday, the nail person made my cuticles bleed. Today my fingers are really sore, is this normal?

By Se from Lancashire

Yes, it is normal and is the cost of beauty. I have been applying acrylics for over 7 years. It hurts at first with soreness around the cuticle. My nails still look fab, however my real nails are now ruined. You must keep on doing it about every two weeks. Apply some neosporin it might ease the pain. Enjoy the new nails!

I don't think so Enchanted Angel! After talking to several people, whom have got acrylic nails, they say I have had a very bad job! by a rubbish nail novice person. I may sue her yet, my fingers are still sore 4 days after. I just wished I should have gone to a proper salon, I will never go to a cheap person again.

You should not have bleeding! Please keep in mind that in a situation where blood gets out, bacteria can get in. Since you've posted this question on a thrifty web site, I'm going to comment that in addition to taking potential risks with your health (I know of people who've had serious infections from nail salons), there may be better things to spend your money on.

Yes, I agree with Enchanted Angel. I have been getting my nails done over 10 years now. I have them filled in and repainted every 2 weeks. Every now and then I get them removed and have a new set put on. My own nails have grown out now, so I only get hardening gel put over my real nails. I have tried to keep my own set without anything on top, but I still bite them and pick at them. I dont do that when I have the acrylic hardening stuff put on them. Mine hurt when I first had them put on because I wasnt used to them yet.

I did this for years and went to different nail salons all the time. I remember once my fingers hurt for a few days and it was because the nail person filed down the tops of the nails too much and they were thin. I know this because the next time I got them done, that person told me that they were filed down too much.

The next time I had to change my nails - boy it hurt to take them off! I stopped getting my nails done and let them grow out. It is so bad for your nails to do that. I feel great now that there are no more appointments, and I'm saving a lot of money!

You said you got bleeding while pushing back cuticles. Acrylic liquid should not applied to the damaged bleeding nails. I suppose your beautician done something very wrong. The products use to apply acrylic nails are very toxic. You better to visit your doctor and stop doing acrylic nails for few days until you recover. For more information visit

Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsSeptember 5, 2010
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Red Acrylic Nails
Removing Acrylic Nails