Hair and Skin Questions

I have a bunch of questions and I was wondering if anyone could help me with them. My hair always gets frizzy after I take a shower and it's horrible because my hairs already is really thick. I don't always have time to straighten my hair and that damages my hair too.

I have really oily skin and I have breakouts on my face, back, and chest. I've been trying to get it to clear up for years and I really need help. My skin is really dark and I want to lighten it up. I know there's papaya soap but are there any other ways to lighten up your skin that's faster and more effective?
I have this dark outline around my lips and it makes my lips look horrible and big in pictures when I don't smile.

I know that is a lot of questions but if you know of any ways to help please tell me.

Thank you so much.
Katrina

about your hair, I know this sounds strange, but it really works. I saw this on a Makeover Story on TLC, and I have been doing it for a while now with great results! When you wash your hair, just wash the part that touches your scalp, don't wash the length of it. There is enough soap that runs through your hair as you rinse to wash the length. I also have very thick, curly hair I haven't had any problems with mine since I started doing this.

For the skin breakouts, try Butt Paste, it was made by a pharmacist originally for diaper rash but has been found to help many skin problems.

I have had a very small knot under the skin on 1 cheek and was about ready to see a dermatologist thinking it might be skin cancer. About a week ago I remembered the Butt Paste and started putting it on it twice a day and it is almost gone.

Look for it in the area of a store where diaper rash ointments would be and if you don't find it there ask the pharmacist.

Hope this helps,

Beverly

I use paul mitchell foaming pomade (it is a lotion type liquid--use about 1 tsp.) to get rid of frizz on my naturally frizzy curly hair. I put it on wet hair, and also use it for touchups if the weather changes. With this product I can style my hair straight if I wish. Frizz is caused by dry hair; that is why hair that has a lot of body oils on it is less frizzy.

a friend told me when i'm drying my hair, NOT to rub it dry (it causes friction n static that leads to friz) but to pat it (for most of the excess water) n let it air dry. i haven't had any frizzy problems since then.

put conditioner on your hair after your shower but don't rinse it out. I have thick curly hair and it works great! I like coconut sauve

I have used baby shampoo to clean my face and followed it up with lemon juice diluted with water (I wiped it on with a cotton ball or pad) This simple routine worked wonders on my face and chest during my teen years, and now that I'm almost 40, with acne I've started using the same routine, with very good results. Maybe it will work for you.

For acne, try using a raw egg on your face for a mask, let it dry and rinse off. Can do daily or however often you need to see results.

Getting hairspray off skin, seems impossible can you help?

i agree with Kristina curly hair is not be be washed every day you need your natural oils to help with the frizz. I'am a beautician and have found that putting a light oil through your hair when it is wet will help and the less you mess with it is good to. For a great conditioner Matrix for curly deep cond. is woulderful use daily when you don't shampoo and try not to rinse it all out, pick your hair out in the shower and squeeze out excess water another line of products that have been made for curly hair is Bed Head the spray in oil and curls rock is woulderful good luck!!

you should go to a dermatologist about the break outs and dark skin *i should know because i have it to*, if you are overweight its probably the cause of the acne and the dark patches shouldnt be irritated and should be left alone other than if you use face cleansers (even then you shouldnt scrub at it) *this is all advice from my dermatologist and has worked*

I have really frizzy puffy cruly hair and i can't keep the frizz or puff down and anyone help me tame my hair so i can wear it down! Please Help

i have the exact problems as you and i have tried everything. one of the best things to use for the acne is tea tree oil. just apply it with a cotton ball twice a day. it works fine as a cleanser and disinfects your skin at the same time. For the hair garnier fructis makes a kind of balm that you put in when wet and wash out a little while later, it works quite well

Hair: Rinse your hair with cold water, and try a frizz serum. Dove, Paul Mitchell and Frizz ease makes it.

Skin: Having a routine for your skin will help. but washing it too much will make your skin angry.

Your diet also plays a huge part in the condition of your skin. Taking vitamins and ditching fried/greasy foods will help a lot!

Put a little vaseline in your hair,it will help with the frizz.Use vinegar on the bumps. I saw this on a Dr show a few days ago, good luck.

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMay 19, 2006
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
tomatoes
Answers to Seldom Asked Gardening Questions
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄