ClothingCrafts

Covering Pen Mark On Jeans

Category Clothing

I have a pen mark on my jeans which simply refuses to go away and I don't want to dispose off my jeans. Please give me few ideas to cover the mark. It's located just above the knee. Maybe a design or something with beads?

Ellie from Colombo

I HAVE HAD INK STAINS ON JEANS AND OTHER ITEMS AND I PUT SUAVE SPRITZ ON THEM AND IT TAKES IT RIGHT OUT WITH A LITTLE SCRUBBING ACTION.-I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU-GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A VERY NICE DAY.

If you just want to cover it up, you can find lots of neat patches (sew-on and iron-on) at most craft stores. Some of them look really nice, with beads already on them.

Camilla

Try Zout. I buy it at Wal-Mart. It's great for tomato based and oil stains, which is what I had used it for, and wound up with a bonus of having ballpoint ink also come out of the garment! I was thrilled!

As mentioned above, there are lots of iron-on patches or applique (looks like embroidery work) available. Craft stores have them, as well as fabric stores too.

I assume by "pen mark" you are referring to a standard non-india ink ball-point type pen. Try hairspray (any brand will do) and elbow grease! Really, just saturate the fabric with the hairspray, rub the wet fabric back and forth between your hands (knuckles) like all get out and the stain WILL come out. You may need to repeat this 2 or 3 times in a row. I acquired a really NICE 100% cotton dressy blouse that an ink pen has spilled its guts on (a huge stain) and after about 5 - 10 times it did come out.

Other stains on bleach-safe clothing that don't come out in the wash: try making a paste of white powdered dishwasher detergent (we use Electrosol) and water. Apply to stained fabric and let dry (usually overnight will do). Then wash as usual. Will NOT work on jeans (leaves a white spot where the paste dried) and I would not recommend it for extremely fine fabric, such as silk.

Good luck to you.

JUST PUT RUBBING ALCOHOL ON IT AND IT DISAPPEARS! ITS AMAZING!

I had a pair of jeans that I wrote my name horizontally, all down one leg. Then filled in the outline with paisley patterns and swirls. It looked quite good at the time...(but it was the early nineties. Oh to fit into those jeans now!!!)

Good luck! x

I've had grass stains on the knees of my pants, What I did is.. You take a bowl of bleach paint brush (your choice of size) Then brush the knees with bleach, and lightly down front of shin area. Then you can soak them in coffee or tea for a few hours to give them that NEW instyle look.

ive had pen stains and what i used was some milk. i know sounds wierd. but it really works. and this is on anything. just soak a toweal with milk and rub the stain, it'll come off.