Freeze Fryer Grease Before Discarding

I of course reuse all my plastic store bought food tubs, as it saves me major money on leftovers storage, but here is a tip for disposal of old fryer grease.

The large margarine tubs, or coffee containers, make a great "freezer" container for storing old fryer grease. In the freezer it is out of the way, and once it is frozen you can slide it out of the container right into the trash, and again reuse the container! Do this only on trash pick up day though so it doesn't melt and make a mess, and believe me, the trash pick up people will thank you for that lack of mess, and smell!

By Dede from Macon, MO

For small amounts of grease from browning meat, etc., I use a large empty can (like a chunky soup can). I pour the grease in it and freeze it - no lid needed. When the can is full, I put it in a plastic bag the newspaper comes in and throw it in the garbage on pick up day. It keeps the grease out of my disposer and does not mess up my garbage can.

I also put scraps in cans, coffee containers, anything with a lid and keep it in the freezer. Like meat, chicken bones, etc. Anything that may cause an odor before trash day. Then just go to the freezer and throw it out with the rest of the trash.

I keep empty mayo bottles and put small amts of leftover oil in it, screw the top on and put it in the trash.

pan for oil frying
Disposing of Cooking Oil and Grease
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 17, 2008
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
🎄