Substitution for Mushrooms

Here's a question I've "never" heard asked but a lot of us probably want the answer. What do you use to "replace" mushrooms in recipes? No one here likes them, but we are "happy!".

Thank you all and always wear your seat belts.

Trish from Tucson, AZ

You can use pieces of any vegetable you do like to make up the bulk of the mushroom measurement. My daughter likes carrots, zucchini, or celery sauteed and then a little meat base added for flavor.

Yes, you can use anything in it's substitution, or you could just leave out the mushrooms and not subsitute anything in it's place, unless the recipe calls for a huge amount of mushrooms. I've omitted mushrooms from recipes before, because I didn't have any on hand, my recipe came out A-OK.

Tiny pearl onions, water chestnuts, small cooked boiled potatoes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsNovember 29, 2005
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Large Jar of Canned Mushrooms
Canning Mushrooms
Mushrooms cooking in a skillet.
Sauteing Mushrooms
Small Pile of Button Mushrooms
Storing Mushrooms