Removing Tile from Formica Countertops

How can I remove ceramic tile from Formica countertops? I am hoping to salvage the original Formica until I am able to replace it. I also have the tile as a back splash under upper cabinets and behind the stove but I would like to leave that intact. Any suggestions? Thanks.

By nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If the tile was installed correctly, you can't. The correct method would have been to sand or rough up the formica so that it would take the adhesive for the tile.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJune 15, 2009
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:58:05 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.