Lifelock Has Some Problems

Susan Sanders-Kinzel

Have you heard the commercials for LifeLock where Todd Davis announces his Social Security number or seen the print ads? I'd cringe every time I heard one fearing that was a frightening thing to do in this day and age. Well, his service evidently didn't catch a lot of people trying to steal his identity. Read this Article

WOW thanks! I was considering Lifelock till I read this

Thanks for the info. Interesting to know that people can do this for themselves. We don't need Lifelock.

I wish states would issue people numbers instead of using our SS numbers for everything. Bank and doctors and hospitals all use that SS number and we all know it was never intended to be used so broadly.

I work at a bank and our fraud officer saw that guy's TV ad and decided to check this guy out. The social number apparently wasn't even his 'real' social and after she heard of the failures lately she had to send out a newsletter about this guy.

Another con artist getting rich because folks trusted him. There is another one I am leery of and his last name is Trudeau... I haven't sent him any money but I just have a funny feeling about the claims he makes.

Thanks so much, I wondered about this company. Your a life saver I also considered using them. And as Jantoo said, our s.s. # was never meant to be used as an identity number. I think this gratis way of using the s.s. # is a big part of all this identity theft problems. The old s.s cards use to say not to be used as identification. We sure have gone astray.

And now they're using SPAM lists to market. I pressed them hard and apparently although I live in Texas, I had traveled all the way to Melbourne Australia to sign up for an opt-in list, and used a physical address from 7 years ago. So now they're buying mailing lists from the people from whom they purport to protect us? Rip-off artists. Don't trust 'em.

Consumer Advice Consumer AlertsMay 22, 2008
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
Starting a Lawnmower
Lawn Mower Won't Stay Running