Soap Scum on Tiles

How do I clean scum off of bathroom subway tile?

Marlene from Upper Jay, NY

Without a doubt, I recommend Scrub Free. Get it at any large chain grocery store. Makes cleaning soap scum a breeze, even the built up kind. May take a few applications for the very built up stuff, but it is well worth a try.

I used low odor oven cleaner. It worked great. ~Janette~

I've just recently moved into an old apartment and the bathtub and tiles are pretty nasty with soap scum. Some of the tiles are really dull because of the build up but if I can get the scum off they will look really nice. Any suggestions on tackling this tough job?

Carole from Collingswood, New Jersey

Answers:

Soap Scum on Tiles

I boasted about this product before and no I am not an Amway dealer, but they have a product called "Bathroom Cleaner Plus". It is a little expensive but you only need a few drops on a sponge or cloth. The bottle will last a long time. We have hard water and this is the best. (10/23/2006)

By PICO

Soap Scum on Tiles

I use Comet bathroom cleaner with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great!(10/23/2006)

By lovethosehounds

Soap Scum on Tiles

The best product I have used is KABOOM. I live in an area with very hard water. KABOOM removes the hard water build up and soap scum like magic. (10/23/2006)

By Peggy

Soap Scum on Tiles

Try some of the products from the dollar store. I just ran out of ours and I forgot the name. The store here has a few different products for the shower and you might be surprised on how well they work, I was! (10/24/2006)

Soap Scum on Tiles

I just use cheap shampoo from the dollar store and a scrub brush. You will be surprised at how well it works! (10/29/2006)

By Gail216.

Soap Scum on Tiles

Use vinegar from a squirt bottle. Just spray it on and leave it for 10 minutes. Go back and wipe it off or run the shower. It's that easy. (01/30/2009)

By JAKE