MeatsRecipes

Tri-Tip Roast Recipe

Category Meats

Could anyone please help me find a really good (and easy) tri-tip roast recipe? Thank you!

Deborah from San Juan Capistrano

I don't know what a tri-tip roast is, but this is the way I do any roast. Spray a crock pot with a non-stick spray. Put cut up potatoes and carrots in the bottom and the roast on top. Then dump a can of cream soup over all. Cook on low all day. Yummy!

Suggest you look up Better Homes and Gardens on the internet. They have thousands of recipies!

I like to do my roasts this way, even pork - I cook it real slow with a whole onion, when tender , I add carrots , potatoes, ( I like to cut the potatoes in half and cook them that way ) they can also be diced in larger pieces of you like , celery, and cook on low till veggies are done. Someitmes I add a package of onion soup mix also. I do not put in salt while cooking, makes the meat tough to my way of thinking, and I don't put pepper in , cause no on in my house likes pepper, but it can be added anytime you like. If the roast is a " cheap " one ,long cooking and a tablespoon of vinegar with a touch of sugar will " make it tender " When everything is done, then you can make gravy and add it to the pot. Hope this helps

this recipe is for all to enjoy. I take my roast and place it on a large piece of tin foil. it must be 2 to 3 times larger than the roast. lay roast in middle of foil. bring all sides up like you are going to close it up. On top of roast, place 1 can of golden mushroom soup and 1 envelope of lipton onion soup mix [ you can use generic for same results ] close tin foil up by folding ends in several turns with the sides also folding in. do not peak while cooking at 350 degrees. place potatoes , carrots, onions etc in pan along sides of tinfoil. Add just enough water to come up to the 1/2 side of tinfoil. check water level once in awhile while cooking. after about 3 to 4 hours. remove all pot, and veggies into own serving dish from roast. carefully remove roast in foil[some steam may escape, so be careful.] into bowl for serving. the soup ontop of roast has made itself into gravy for you. now serve. this may sound difficult but it is very easy once you do it. what a wonderful meal it makes for family and friends, Happy cooking.

THANKS ALL!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT COMES OUT!

I can not use any soup product due to the salt content. What degree should the oven be? How many minutes per pound?

This may sound crazy, but is the best way to prepare tri tip I know of. Remove excess fat first. Place on a large piece of foil and spread dijon mustard on the top side on the meat. Cover with ice cream salt and press the salt on so it sticks fairly well. Turn over and do the same. You can keep it in the frig for a few hours before you cook it. BBQ to the way you like. We cook it 15 minutes per side for rare. Sounds terrible, but it is fantastic. The salt comes off, but while it is cooking, keeps the meat really moist. Enjoy

I need to know how many minutes per pound to roast a tri-tip. I like it rare. Thanks.