Paint Stains On Car

My car was really shiny so to get rid of the scratches stupid me has put a gloss black paint onto my car and it has turned a kind of matte finish. How can I get it back to the nice glossy finish it was? Thanks.

Christopher from United Kingdom

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I am afraid it may have to repainted. You could try compounding the painted surface. Some times what is called wet sanding may work. Take very fine sandpaper 1500 to 2000 grit. Sand with water then compound.

June 28, 2012 Flag

I have a Tahoe and a kid just splattered paint all over it. I want to get it off.

By Aaron o. from Lynchburg, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Cars AdviceOctober 9, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:03:28 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.