Downloading Music for an MP3 Player

What are the best sites to download music and videos for an MP3?

Joseph from Boulder, CO

For music, I like They're not free but the prices are pretty good (89-99 cents for each song; about $8 for a whole CD). I know there are some other sites but don't know anything about them other than I've heard some are safe and some aren't (virus, malware, etc.); I think amazon's safe.

Walmart has a lot of MP3 music too.

My son used "MP3ROCKET", I think it was like $35 for unlimited downloads and only a one time charge for this. We had gone with Rhapsody before, and it was not only a $15 charge a month, but $1 per song that was downloaded.

I like I-tunes. You only pay for what you download. If I remember correctly it's 99 cents for most songs. I go months at a time without buying anything, so I prefer this site.

Amazon is the one I use nowadays. It's a subscription free service, as Lynn said you have to pay per song, but they also have sales on digital albums so you can download an entire album for $5. Also, unlike iTunes, the files are in MP3 format so if you don't have an iPod, you don't have to convert the songs to mp3 format. Amazon is constantly adding material to their site so I check back their all the time.

Girl Downloading Music
Tips for Downloading Music
Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 24, 2008
Decoupaging a dresser with old sheet music.
Decoupaging Furniture With Sheet Music
Closeup of a woman playing keyboard
Saving Money on Music Lessons
CD Player for Audio System
Buying CD Player for Audio System
SanDisk Sansa
Using a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Player