Double Decker Meals

Does anyone have suggestions for double decker meals? The type that have (for instance) rice in the bottom of the pan and another food item located in a steamer tray on the top?

Thanks

I was super intrigued by the idea of this and found a website with some really good ideas:

http://www.eartheasy.com/eat_one_pot_meals.htm

I'm SO going to have to try this. The idea that I wouldn't have so much to clean up super appeals to me :-)

Hi :)

I have some ideas if you are egg and pumpkin plus veggies lover.

My friend used to do this..he put the egg boiling in the water underneath and cube and skinned pumpkin at the top in a steamer. Once done, you can mash the pumpkin along with the egg plus some mayonnaise to make a yummy pumpkin and egg sandwich. It's real tasty.

Another healthy option is to steam rice at the bottom and veggies(any type, e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, french beans,carrots etc) at the top. U may like to put veggies bit later than the rest to avoid overcooked. And sprinkle some sea salt and add some olive oil and herbs to it before serving :)

The Turbo Cooker had some recipes that are double decker, I recall. You could modify them. They have a web site with recipes listed under FILE for members only at

TurboCooker@yahoogroups

Easy to join and free. Opt for the Digest version so that all emails come in one group instead of many throughout the day.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 28, 2007
Filet Crochet Heart
Filet Crochet Heart Pattern
Double Sided Tape
Uses for Double Sided Tape
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
Double-Sided Tape
Removing Double-Sided Tape
🎄