Use Less Dishwasher Detergent in Soft Water Areas

I had my dish washer repaired and I got a tip from repairman. If you are in an area like Memphis, which has soft water, you need use only a fraction of the amount of dish washer detergent recommended. Using more only clogs up the machine. In a hard water area, use amount recommended by manufacturer. Save some money and make your dishwasher last longer.

By Wolf from Memphis

It was driven home to me the amount of detergent and money I have wasted over the years when I discovered the little individual packets of dw detergent made by Cascade and electrosol. A mere fraction of what the box instructions on other brands tell you to use. I have never filled both soap cups. I figure one good wash with lots of hot rinsing will do the job since I always remove all food particles from the dishes before putting them in the machine.

Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
Saving Money on Dishwasher Detergent
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 6, 2008
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Dishwasher Detergent
Other Uses for Dishwasher Detergent