Warning: Glass Will Explode if Left on Burner

Exploding glass! My daughter and I just finished cleaning up large shards of glass in the kitchen. She did not know that a glass pie plate was so close to the electric burner and it exploded. Thank God, she had bent down to do something, or she could have had facial cuts or cut her eyes. Even though the glass will withstand heat from the oven, it is no match for direct heat from a burner. Please warn folks to always keep glass off the burners, because it can and will explode.

By jwrh626 from Columbus, OH

I learned from experience ! About 15 years ago I tried to use a glass coffee pot (made for a coffee maker) to boil water on the stove-top (didn't have a coffee maker back then, just an old pot for one). When it boiled, I went to lift the pot off the burner, & the whole bottom of the pot just fell out. All the boiling hot water from the pot landed between my thighs, and I had huge water blisters & was in excruciating pain for at least a week !

Better Living SafetyOctober 7, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
🎄