Burnt Cookie Sheet

I have looked at a lot of burnt pan topics but I don't see what I need. My pan is not something I can boil in. I have a small toaster oven pan that seems to be double thick, not really thin. I have a black layer of burnt on ready to eat foods (fish sticks etc.) that I cannot get off.

I have tried vinegar with baking soda and peroxide and a few drops of soap and I have tried Dawn scrubber spray but it didn't work. There is a circle that is not burnt in the middle of the pan, and burnt black all around the edges. I have soaked it. I can't boil it because its a cookie sheet sort of pan. Any suggestions? I have tried the Magic Eraser (is that useful for anything) and the green scrubbie pads. I can't tell what it is. It's not coated for sure, but I imagine its aluminum.

By kristihilmoe from VA

You can try oven cleaner and letting it soak for a while or dish washer detergent, diluted and left to soak. It may be easier to replace it. The best way to avoid this happening is to spray it with a spray like pam before each use and then a proper cleaning afterwards. I know, that's like shutting the door after the horse is gone :)

I find PAM bakes onto a sticky gummy mess, so I don't usually use it... obviously my plan isnt working so well either :-)

Another thing to help out with this in the future is to cover the pan with aluminum foil before each use. I usually do this and there's little clean up.

There is a product called Greased Litnin'. It is carried in Wal-Mart and Dollar General and such stores-it is in a White non-aerosol spray bottle.You can smell with the first squirt that this is an oven cleaner-type formula. Spray, soak for 30 minutes or so,scrape with the blade of a table knife, discard scrapings, spray again, soak 30 minutes, scrub with a metal twisty-type pot scrubber in hot water, and it should all come off. If not, spray again and let set overnight.This is strong stuff. You might want to wear gloves if you have sensitive hands, and try not to deeply inhale the fumes while you are spraying.

I have cleaned worse than your cookie sheet with it. How about a stove vent fan mesh cover that was gunked up with 6 or 7 years' worth of grease, so that it was actually hard?

If it's aluminum, watch what you put on it. You might totally ruin it. Some products make aluminum oxidize and the taste and smell is something you'll never get out. You might try a product called "Barkeeper's Friend", but before trying that, try soaking with denture cleaning tablets overnight and see what happens. I'd use 10 or more on that pan!

Try a good old SOS pad. They really shine things up-very good on aluminum. Also, you might after you get it clean, you can cover it with aluminum foil. I have tried everything and this works the best. I have also used ovencleaner and let them sit overnight on newspapers after they are sprayed. That works really well, also works to clean bbq grills too. Hope you have great results!

Spray it with oven cleaner. Put the pan inside a plastic garbage bag and seal it shut. Leave it for 24 hours. Use rubber gloves to take it out. Anything burned on will come right off. This works for anything that has baked on. I do this when I am cleaning the oven racks as well.

You might try using a Magic Eraser. I have had good luck cleaning tough items with it.

Hi Kristi,

I got this use from the 'Queen of Clean' on one of her TV shows.She was cleaning a BBQ grill. I have since cleaned everything included; my 'Set it and Forget it' rotisserie, my toaster oven and my regular oven.

She took the grills and separately wrapped them in paper towels. She than took household ammonia and sprayed them until the paper towels were soaked. She placed them in a tightly wrapped plastic bag and left them overnight. The next day took them out, washed them in warm sudsy water and they were clean! I have used the above suggestions and this is the only one that never fails me. Be very careful though with the ammonia. You will need to plug your nose and if possible, cover your eyes with safety glasses. The fumes are obnoxious.

Well, I tried the oven cleaner over night in a bag, seems the pan was coated. Ate off a lot of the coating and left the gunk where the coating was still there. Grr. tried the sos pad on what was left, some came off. Now its a multi-surfaced coated/non coated/gunky pan!

Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 8, 2009
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Sheet Cake
Sheet Cake Recipes
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎄