Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I am looking for scratch and dent appliances in my area. Any suggestions?

By Retiredbetty from York, PA

I'm not sure if they still do it, but you used to be able to get used/returned appliances at Sears back in the mid-90s. The refrigerator I got was scratched, but about half the "new" price and in great working order.

Two years ago I was looking for a new dishwasher. I wanted a good middle of the road price and brand but didn't have a budget for what I really wanted. My first stop was the Scratch and Dent Appliance store. I found that the warranties were the same as the other stores. The prices were just not any cheaper than the appliances on sale at the regular stores. Sometimes you can haggle at these places and that makes the price go down better. There were some brands I had never heard of and these were usually the low end brand. I don't recommend buying a low end brand in a large appliance. Just like electronics you get what you pay for. I think that you would be better off to get something scratched or dented at your major retailers. They mark them way down and those are usually the first the go.It is cheaper for them sell it than to ship it out or back.

The floor models are always a good deal. I ended up getting a floor model at Best Buy. It was an upscale Frigidaire. I could never have gotten it at regular price. It was out of my budget. It was a very good deal and saved me at least S200.00. It didn't come in a box, same store warranty. Saved on delivery, had friend pick it up. Just make sure all the attachments or whatever is suppose to come with it is there. If not, insist that they throw that in or usually they have parts in the back. I installed it myself, not very hard just hoses and had to go to Home Depot for an adapter. I loved it right away. It worked ten times better than the old one. Only thing I had no choice in color, it is white. That is the only drawback. Just shop around and go to all the stores. This dishwasher was not at the other Best Buys, only at that store. Yes, I have bought store models before. I think it was a washer/dryer combo.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 5, 2010
Biscuits made from scratch.
Making Biscuits From Scratch
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Removing a Nail
Protecting Wood When Removing a Nail
Bent N Dent Grocery Store
Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store
🎉
🎄