Recipe: Aquarium Jello Cake

I made this aquarium cake with Jello. I made a regular rectangle cake and cut a center after the cake had chilled overnight. I poured the blue jello in and let it set for 2 hours. Then I decorated it using gummies and fruit rollups. It was easy and a lot of fun. Everyone loved it.

By Mandy from Mesa, AZ

You did a good job on this cake. I'm sure it was a showstopper. If you have a cake decorating shop in your area you could get some simple tips for borders and flowers and work up a business if you want. I think you have the eye for it. It is practice, practice, practice, but learning the basics and lettering can be done in bits of spare time (not talking about Wllton star decorating, but their tips are sometimes the only ones available.

This is a wonderful cake! I had never thought about doing that, but it's a unique idea and adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Very original cake, I like it. ~ Janet

I think this is really cute. Did you use the cut out cake as the sand on the bottom? I think I am going to look for different kinds of "sea" gummies and maybe some candy shells or rocks and do one for my son's birthday. Thanks so much for sharing!

Oh my gosh, that is so cool! I want to make one now!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesSeptember 24, 2009
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Layered Jello
Making Ribbon and Layered Jello
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
🎄
🍂