Have Too Many Catalogs?

Every year I get way too many catalogs but before Christmas I receive them from companies that have gotten my address from the other companies and so it adds up to big stacks. Many go right from the mail box to the recycling bin. Last night there was a spot on Catalog Choice which is a site that helps you stop catalogs you don't want. They say each man, woman and child in America gets 60 some catalogs a year and that they are difficult to stop.

This group is working with companies so you can go to one place to stop extra catalogs. You simply tear off the last page with the customer number and address and recycle the rest. Then go to the site and add your information.

There is also information on how many trees are cut down each year to print catalogs that produce very little in sales for the companies.

http://www.catalogchoice.org/

thank you for posting this information. I too get many unwanted catalogs now I know how stop that problem

Me too. Just got a new address, EVERY company in the world seems to know it, esp. like the ones that have my name as Current Resident (might put that on my ID card :). On the back of the catolog is usually a customer number in blue or green box. I have spent some time calling each one, offer the address, the customer number, and each one pulls me off their list. The web address says 10 weeks to stop, calling stops them then, except for a couple that come as the system already has them on the way to your house. I will use the web, but, like me if you have more mags than mail, calling is a sure fire way.

stack of catalogs
Organizing Catalogs
Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 17, 2007
bulb catalog sign
Ordering From Garden Catalogs
Colorful seed catalogs to be used in crafts.
Crafts Using Recycled Catalogs
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
🎄