My Hands are Red

My palms are red when I get up in the morning and gradually they become normal. Sometimes they are red during the day also. I have high BP, Parkinson's and chronic bronchitis. All these are under control through use of medicines. My liver function is normal. I am 82 years old. I would appreciate your advice.

Inam

What does your doctor say?

My hands did that when I was pregnant and the doc said it was bad cicruclation due to pregnancy but I havent had it when I wasnt pregnant.

I know exactly what you are talking about. My hands have been this way since I was a young woman. I have had people tell me that when they think of me, they always think of how red my hands can be. I just got home from visiting my daughter in another state and she too has those red hands.

I can tell you that doctors always ask me about my hands. They tend to feel them to see if they are "hot" or not. I think they suspect inflammation. My two sisters both have rheumatoid arthritis. So they have been a concern for me.

I think you should ask your doctor about your hands.

Best of luck.

Are you taking niacin? I had red splotches after taking niacin -- itchy too. Maybe?

Are you or have you been a smoker? You could have what is called Raynaud's Syndrome/Disease. You can look it up on the internet.

This is a circulatory concern. Your hands regain circulation during the night because you are recumbent, so the heart doesn't have to work so hard. Once you stand up, the blood still circulates but more of it is in your feet. Look at the color of your legs and feet and you will see the opposite pattern, being paler in the morning than late at night.

Health & Beauty AdviceMarch 2, 2009
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Red delicious apples.
Recipes Using Red Delicious Apples
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄
🍂