Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Christmas Gifts for the Granddaughter With Everything

I would like suggestions for Christmas gifts for granddaughters who have everything already. Their ages are 2 and 7. Thanks.

By Lisa from MS

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]12/06/2009

I second the handmade-gift idea. My kids still treasure handmade things given them by grandparents and great-grandparents years ago.

Time is another thing we can give our grandkids that they will enjoy now and treasure later. I know this is probably not a popular concept nowadays, but it doesn't have to cost a lot to mean a lot!

By cettina [74]12/05/2009

How times have changed! 2 year and 7 year old and they have everything? Wow! Think back to your own childhood and what simple things made you happy? A picnic on the beach or a day at the zoo eating ice cream and sitting on the grass with birthday cake and candles? Sometimes the simplest things are the most appreciated.

By Dena Roberts [31]12/04/2009

I have the same problem, only with 1 boy and 3 girls. 2 weeks before Christmas I take them out for lunch at their favorite restaurant, McDonald's, and then we go shopping. They are 10, 9, 2, and 1 years old. They each have $60 to buy whatever they want...the only catch is that they have to buy one thing to have NOW ($20), one thing for me to take home to wrap up for them for Christmas ($20), and one thing for one of the other grandkids ($20). We draw names while in McD's. Then we go and get a group picture taken with Santa for each of their parents (2 sets), and then we go home in time for a family supper. The kids love to spend the whole day with Grandma, I love to spend the whole day with the kids, and their parents have the whole day to go Christmas shopping without the kids. We all have a wonderful time!

By Lee Taylor [10]12/04/2009

Make them something with their names on it. Kids love having their names on things. You can get cheap raw wood items at the craft store like mirrors or picture frames and then some acrylic paint and hand paint a one-of-a-kind gift they can't get anywhere else! I think any handmade gift is the best anyway, shows you put time and thought into it. Have fun!

By kathleen williams [23]12/02/2009

I would get them a U S savings bond. Have it fixed where they can not cash it till they are at least 20 years old, by then they will have some money to go to college, good luck.

By Suntydt [75]12/01/2009

Get a magazine subscription for each of them. Make it different magazines and they can enjoy each others gift. Especially the young one when she gets older. And yes, there is a magazine for 2 year olds. Google it.

By Liz [15]12/01/2009

Coal in their stockings! (only kidding)