Mirrors for More Light in a Dark Apartment

Our new apartment is nice - but dark - so I have been collecting mirrors of different kinds to arrange on the walls. I have 5 little ones grouped together in a narrow space and others of different sizes around the room to reflect the light, along with a large one on one wall. I also positioned light-colored pictures with glass to bounce back as much light as possible. I've gotten most of them in thrift shops, so it hasn't been too costly and it really makes a difference.

By Pam from L.A., CA

I have a few mirrors on my wall and I use them, with small shelves, to reflect light and heat back into the room in winter.

Zig

Pam,

what a good idea and I already used some of your tips. Post pictures too.

make sure you plan it out a bit for each room. Just adding 'more' light is not necessarily the best answer you need to plan where you need what types of light. Have a look here it might help - http://lighting-bible.com/lighting-by-area.html

Brightening a Dark Room
Brightening a Dark Room
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating LightingApril 5, 2006
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄