Decoupaging Cabinet Doors

I will be decoupaging unfinished cabinet doors with a large poster. Should I prime and paint first, then glue on the poster or should I glue the poster on the bare wood first?

By Robin from Durango, CO

I don't know the correct answer but here is what i would do. I would prime and paint first and then do the decoupage. My theory is - should I ever want to change the look of the cabinet, it will be easier to do this way. Plus decoupage is glue/water which may not be good to place directly on unfinished wood.

Yes at least prime the door, this way you will have an easier way of removing when you decide to do this. Also when you get bubbles under the poster, and you will, let them sit over night to see if they settle out, they will sometimes. If bubbles remain after sitting over night then take a syringe and ingest some glue under the bubble and let dry. Good luck. :)

Crafts DecoupageJuly 20, 2010
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 6:25:34 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.