Decorative Food Labels
Make a professional looking decorative food label to display in front of the food you are serving at a semiprofessional social event. (Plus they are fun and easy to make!)
Approximate Time: 30 minutes per set
- any graphic program or clip art
- white glue
- end of tissue box or pieces of medium weight cardboard
- Using your computer generate your graphic and the name of the food item. Choose a font size and color and enhance as necessary. You can find some really nice clip art free on the internet. You can also make your graphic in any graphic program.
- Keep the whole graphic to 1 and 1/2 by 2 and 1/2 inches. You can use the ruler on any program to size these. Repeat until all items are ready to print.
- Print graphic out on white cardstock.
- Cut around graphic as you need to so that it fits the card properly.
- Using a ruler score off and cut cardstock pieces to 3 and 1/2 inches by 3 and 1/4 inches for each dish.
- Fold cardstock piece in half.
- Cut small pieces of the tissue box end to about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch. (Any medium weight cardboard will do as you will not be able to see it.)
- Glue three of the quarter inch pieces together with white glue. Stick these pieces into the center of one side of your folded cardstock.
- Glue on your graphic that has already been prepped. Allow to dry and display proudly beside your food item.
This is also a great measurement for placecards to use at special event.
By Gem from VA
September 9, 20100 found this helpful
Great idea to label food when you are hosting a party! Then I don't have to stand and explain what everything is! Thanks. :-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 12:46:14 AM on 10.0.1.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us