Wearing Makeup With Contacts

My beauty question: I can't wear eye makeup when I wear my contact lenses--too irritating. What brands are best for contact wearers who have sensitivities?

Daria Sockey from Venus, PA

When I wore contacts, I noticed 2 things:

1. I could wear Maybelline mascara, but Cover Girl really irritated my eyelids. So it might just be a particular brand. I wear glasses now, but I still use Maybelline - just in case.

2. When I wore powdered eyeshadow, it apparently flaked off and make my eyes itch. But if I put on an eyeline pencil, I didn't have a problem. I guess the eyeliner was a barrier between the shadow and my eyes.

But for some reason (the dye, I suppose) I can't wear green eyeliner!

Hope this helps...

http://www.acuvue.com/cosmetic_dos_and_donts.htm

Take a look at this site it gives you some tips from a contact maker. As for which makeup you should use dont go cheap. Use a good quality makeup, if your usual brand did not bother you prior to you getting contacts it should not effect you now. If it does switch to a sensitive skin type makeup. There are even natural makes being made now that might work. You could contact a demitologist for the mildest makeup brand that they recomend to thier clients. Dont go to the make up counter at Department stores they tend to sell thier favorites instead of listening to what you need. Good Luck.

Nicole Miller is designed to feed the skin and is tolerated very well by the most sensitive skin types. It is not expensive, but well worth the switching to. I cannot wear even Almay products, which are made for sensitive types. check out the difference. I can email you more information to become informed. There is a difference. cartonv2(at)iglide(dot)net

There is a fantastic website for evaluating the toxicity of all cosmetic and body products. It's cosmeticdatabase.com , and they tell you all the ingredients and rate the hazard levels, from so many companies there are some I'd never heard of. Good luck - it can be done!

For years I wore dark eyeliner, lid shadow, lash lengthener; then either from not cleaning my eyes regularly and properly or for some other reason, I suddenly developed eye sensitivity and had to stop it all together. It's great to have relief from it. You might also need extra Beta Carotene and Multi-vits/minerals to help strengthen your eyes, as well as Acidolphylus 2-4 times a week, in a refrigerated capsule, not yogurt, which is too weak. If no improvement after a week, you may have to forgo the eye make up a few years. Make certain your hands AND lids/lashes are first washed in baby shampoo and rinsed well before inserting your contacts.My eye clener was Almay, but might have been the culprit, too. You may have a bacterial or fungus infection started in your eyes from most any source, from dust/pollen/sand to chemicals of any sort. Try buying a weak Boric Acid type eye-rinse and using it for a few days/nights as directed, using their little eye cup, just to get well from this episode.

If it does not heal, see an opthamologist. Keep those contacts inside a clean case and wash your hands LOTS with baby shampoo first before handling them. God bless and help you. : )

This is from Almay's website:

All Almay® eye products are suitable for contact lens wearers. They are ophthalmologist, clinically, dermatologist and allergy tested and are formulated to be non-irritating and hypoallergenic.

I myself have contact lenses. They are a real struggle if you have make up. But there is one brand I would suggest you try. The name of it is Night and Day contacts they are very comfortable and affordable. I hope this helps.

Rachel

Dr. Hauschka make a great make-up (and skincare) range for sensitive eye and skin people.

Girls, there's no reason makeup would irritate your eyes like that! I don't work in the makeup biz, I just wear makeup myself and a few years ago I got contacts.I've never had a problem. it must be where you're putting makeup i.e. inside your eye lid or something!

There are several problems I have with eye make up. One I must use creams or things that do not flake off. Second I have a very hard time putting on a subtle eyeliner because my hard lenses flip out when I pull my eyelid tight. I can't wear soft lenses. I can't see if my lenses are out. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have a terrible time trying to wear eye makeup. When I had my contacts in I could only use a little bit of Mascara or shadow because too much would flake off and get in my eyes. Be really careful, eventually my eyes got so sensitive I had to switch to glasses. Now my eyes are so bad I can't wear mascara at all, even hypoallergenic or sensitive formulas, because I get awful infections and look like the living dead. I've found that liquid eyeliner and cream eyeshadows are the only kinds I can use, they stay put and don't flake, but I still have to use extreme caution washing it off and can't wear it for more than a few hours.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips TipsJuly 18, 2007
Girl Playtime Make-up
Faux Make-up For Playtime
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Homemade Halloween Makeup
Homemade Halloween Makeup
foundation makeup
Keeping Makeup From Rubbing Off On Clothing
🎄