Adding Protective Inserts to Window Boxes

I always enjoy Ellen's gardening contributions to the Thriftyfun column and just subscribed to the newsletter. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to having the window boxes built to hold a purchased porch/window box as an insert? I've always wanted to have one window box on a double window on the front of our home and visualized having a open or screen type bottom so that I could use a removable box inside that would protect the wood of the real window box. I hope this isn't too involved a question, but this seemed to be a good place to ask.

We have lots of that trailing vinca vine in our gardens that would look so nice trailing down from a window box. It was interesting that you mentioned that the box should be as wide as the shutters. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you.

By Mary A.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Lady from VA, Were did you find wood window boxes? I would love to find some.

Lining Wood Window Boxes
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJuly 24, 2011
Window Box Garden
Window Box Gardening
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Candy Gift Boxes
Uses for Candy Gift Boxes
Window Box Gardening
Window Box Gardening Tips
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 10:35:53 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.