Window Screens Don't Fit Properly

My screens in my windows do not fit properly. Our electric bills are supposed to double by the summer. I wont be able to use my air conditioner so I have to get my windows fixed. So far, I have put weather stripping in the cracks and I have also caulked them. To me, it looks like the screens weren't made for these windows. When I bought the condominium I had the screens re-screened because they had holes in them. Any suggestions of what i can do to make them fit better?

Thank you,
Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I had this problem, the man who put in the new screens said they were bent so badly (even tho it didn't look like it) that we needed new ones....and the slider screens were just put in upside down! :)

Repairing a Window Screen
Repairing a Window Screen
Home and Garden Repair Home WindowsMay 22, 2006
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
Window Screen
Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
Soft Bristled Brush
Cleaning Window Screens
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:12:54 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.